zaterdag 10 september 2016

Free woman? Free man?


Next week I'll travel to France to hike the pilgrimage route to Santiago de Compostela. So, these weeks I'm training almost daily with hiking with a backpack. Every day a little bit longer. 

During these walks the experience of 'going nowhere' occurs naturally in me. I'm open for everything that's on my way. A tractor with heavy motor abashes me. A thought comes up and leaves me after a while.

Hiking like this means having no goal, and is giving me the feeling of being free. Like a favorite koan of mine: "A true man/woman without title, without rank, without age, passes freely in and out through the gates of the sentences".

Everybody knows that freedom has nothing to do with gender, status, title or which kind of outer characteristic.
I experienced personally that as soon as I'm attached to characteristics and qualities that I ascribe to myself or others, that I'm hopelessly and unilaterally lost in the world of duality. And thus not free.

Nevertheless, this world of duality and how I interrelate to that, is what I want to investigate during my journey.
What is it that makes me the persona that I am?  Waht is it that makes me feel a woman? Or a man?
Maybe I'll find an answer. 


1 opmerking: