maandag 23 februari 2015

The second day

The second day of a dai- sesshin (7-day zenretreat) is of ill repute. Most of the people suffer from bad thoughts and feelings. 
That can be really stormy. Like the weather now, today, with the wind outside. Sometimes there is anger, sometimes doubt. Thoughts like: "What sense does this make? " Me myself, I don't suffer from that at the moment. I just sit a few  sittings a day and the rest of the time I'm working in the kitchen. But I remember of other sesshins that doubt could play a big role in the second day. Not the big doubt. But the small one. 
For me, it had to do with the idea that it must make sense. That there was 'a somewhere' where I had to go to. This is such a big conditioning. And besides that, it's very frustrating. Because it witholds you from pure experiencing. 



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten