zondag 18 oktober 2015

Imagine..

Imagine you are a refugee.

Imagine that Holland is flooded with water. Everything is overflowed. No house is saved. Millions of dutch people flee for the water. 
Me too. The only thing I could save is a plastic bag with some clothes. And my IPhone. My wife walks beside me. Behind me walks my sister, my nefhew. My neighbours. And lots of people who I don't know. I don't know where my oldest sister is. I don't know where my niece is, that turned 11 last month. I don't know if my mother is still alive. 

We hope we can get asylum in Africa. But we aren't sure. My passport drifts somewhere. Or is already lying at the ground of the Northsea.

I am dependant of the goodwill of strangers. I can't imagine that they wouldn't help us. Before me walks a family. Young parents. Two children. Those children must eat.  There must be somebody though, who would give us some food? 
And a bed. That we can have some rest. Because I don't feel my legs anymore. I'm broken. My body hurts everywhere.

I look at my phone. I see a picture of a holiday from last year. Its unbelievable that that is me. That there was ever a time that that was me. 
My cat has surely drowned. My house, my paintings, everything I loved is gone. I even don't feel sadness. 
I just hope that there will be people who will help us. Who will give us some food, maybe a bed.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten